The Rocksun solar dryer is suitable for drying of most of the food crops. It can be
used to speed up drying and to dry food hygienically.
• Using the power of the sun to preserve food and other agriculture
products has been practiced for centuries. In the traditional way, crops are
dried directly in the sun under the open sky. The major disadvantage of this
traditional method is that the goods are exposed to dust, animals, insects, wind
and moisture. In addition, the results depend on good weather conditions.
• The most advanced designs allow for controlling drying parameters such
as moisture content, air temperature, humidity and airflow rate.
PRODUCTS CAN BE DRIED:
2. SPICES & HERBS
3. VEGETABLES & FRUITS
5. MEDICINAL CROPS & ROSEMARY
6. HERBAL RAW MATERIALS
7. TEA & COFFEE
8. TURMERIC & GRAINS
9. AMLA – NUTS
10.FISH & MEAT
11.CEREALS & PULSES
12.RUBBER LATEX Etc…
Rocksun Solar Dryer Features
•Auto control panel for temperature / moisture
•simple in fabrication and installation
•Maximum mean temperature inside the drier is 55-60 degree C with mean
•temperature at 30 degree C
•Drying time is 40 % lesser than normal open sundry method.
•The product is protected from rain, insect, dust, birds and rodent proof.
•The Product can be left in the dryer overnight or during rain.
•Payback period is less than 5 years
Need Of Rocksun Solar Dryer
According to a recent study, India is incurring post-harvest losses of fruits and
vegetables worth Rs 2 lakh crore (Rs. 2 Trillion) per year, due to lack of storage
and processing facilities. The food processing industries can have economic
savings by avoiding wastage of costlier energy. Post-harvest losses in the
developing countries are estimated to be 30–40% in the case of fruit and
vegetables. The solutions involving solar energy collection devices or solar
dryers have been proposed to utilize free, renewable and non-polluting energy
from the sun. Rocksun Solar dryers can reduce crop losses and significantly
improve the quality of the dried product.
ADVANTAGES OF ROCKSUN SOLAR DRYING
• Professional drying technology
• Protection from insects, birds, climatic conditions, dirt, etc.
• Preservation of nutritional property of the product
• Improved product quality
• Universal application also for sensitive products
• Product can compete in the export market
• Operation without fuel consumption
• No continuous supervision necessary
• Reduction of drying time
• High returns to farmers
• Hygienic drying conditions
• Low or zero operating cost
• Maintain colour and texture of food products
ROCKSUN SOLAR ENERGY SYSTEMS
SECTORS TO BE USED:
• Pulp and paper
• Mineral processing
• Wood processing
ADVANTAGES FOR COPRA:
• Solar Green house dryer reducing the drying time up to 50% compared
with open sun drying
• Copra drying without using Sulfur will provide better price
• Will provide very good clear and clean coconut Oil
• By using Automatic Temperature and Humidity control the dried copra is
having very good quality.
• Reducing losses due to sudden rain and windy climate
•Reducing the usage of Tarpaulin for frequent covering of material during open sun drying
•educing manpower for handling of copra during drying process
•Electrical Backup Heater could be provided for non sunny period operation.